Friday, August 28, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL KRIS ALLEN'S DEBUT ALBUM DUE FOR RELEASE ON NOV 17


“Hey guys! The album is set to release Nov 17th,” wrote American Idol Kris Allen on Twitter late Thursday night.

The release date for Allen’s debut album had been rumored as November 17, but Allen made the release date official. What he did not mention and has fans curious is what the new album will be titled.

Allen has said in interviews that this will be a pop-rock album – and that “No Boundaries” will not be included.

On Monday Amazon began taking pre-orders for the album under the working title of New Release 2009, reported MTV. “Names like the Fray guitarist Joe King and hip-hop producer Salaam Remi have already been mentioned, but now, you can add the likes of Toby Gad (who produced Beyonce’s ‘If I Were a Boy’ and co-wrote Fergie’s ‘Big Girls Don’t Cry’) and Lindy Robbins (who has worked with everyone from the Backstreet Boys to Lisa Loeb) to the roster too,” MTV listed as among Allen’s cast of talent tapped for the album.

And in an interview with the LATimes, Allen sometimes hinted at and sometimes revealed additional information on the birth of about the album.

Allen said, “I think the vision that I have for the first album is so hard to put into words. I know that it’s going to be music that people like and something that is hopefully different than maybe people have heard in a while or maybe ever. I hope that it’s something that grabs people lyrically-wise, subject matter and even musically as well, but something that’s different from what people are doing right now.

When asked whether he was writing songs for the album, Allen said, “I pushed for that. I wanted to be part of the writing process. I don’t know if I can. There’s so much going on right now with the tour and all that. But yeah, we’ve done a lot of co-writing sessions and it’s been an experience because you learn from people who have been writing songs for a long time.

“The first session I had went well, but the song didn’t end up as something I wanted to do on the album. I was intimidated, so I didn’t put my two cents in as much as I should have, but then the next one went really well and I got more comfortable. Same thing with the song though. Closer to what I wanted, but not completely there. And then I was with somebody yesterday and it was weird, but it went really well and I think it’s getting there. I really do. I’m excited.”

No comments:

Post a Comment