Thursday, August 20, 2009

KRIS ALLEN IN AN IN-DEPTH INTERVIEW


American Idol Kris Allen provided an in-depth interview to Los Angeles Times' Fred Bronson -- links to three segments of the interview are provided below.

Interview Part One begins:

Season 8 “American Idol” winner Kris Allen was born June 21, 1985, to Neil and Kimberly Allen in Jacksonville, Ark.

Anyone who watched this season of “American Idol” had good reason to think you grew up in Conway, Ark., but that’s not true, right?

Kris Allen: I lived in Jacksonville for most of my life. My high school was in Little Rock, but I lived in Jacksonville forever until college, and then I moved to Conway.

Click here for remainder of Part One interview

When did you start watching “American Idol”?

Kris Allen: My wife and I don’t have a TV, so it was hard to keep up. But I was living with my mom last year around the time they were down to the Top Five of Season Seven and I started watching. And once you start watching “American Idol,” you really get into it. I didn’t know if I cared who won. It was interesting to watch and see what everyone was going to do. It’s a great show. And it catches you.

Click here for remainder of Part Two interview

You earned a reputation on “American Idol” for taking well-known songs and making them your own. Is that something you’ve always done?

Kris Allen: Yes. When you play in bars and you have to play for three hours, you have to play songs people know. I never wanted to just play a song that people know. I wanted people to think, “That’s a cool way to sing that song” or “That’s a cool way to play that song,” and so it’s always been a part of what I do as a performer.


Click here for remainder of Part Three interview

No comments:

Post a Comment